Import PDFs with Esko specific information in Adobe® Illustrator® without losing anything! Try it for free.
DeskPack PDF Import improves the way Normalized PDF files are converted into Adobe® Illustrator® format.
Esko specific information is passed to Illustrator® to keep the file editable. It enables secure file round-tripping between the different prepress editors of EskoArtwork. Try the plug-in for free.
Full feature overview
- The layer names are preserved, the locked status is preserved and the printability flag is preserved.
- Named objects: the names of artwork are preserved.
- Inks: EskoArtwork screenings, ink types, ink books, and ink order as shown in Ink Manager are preserved.
- For each object, the EskoArtwork screening is preserved and shown in InkManager. The Screening plug-in is not necessary for this functionality.
- All Structural design layers (from the CAD file) are imported.
- Page boxes: the Media Box and the Trim Box are imported and shown by the Trim Box and Media Box plug-in.
- Text is handled in a better way, text is kept live as much as possible
- Linework with mixed (DeviceN) colors will be converted into multiple appearances instead of resulting in an ‘unknown imaging construct’.
- Linked images: PDF Import supports links to external images. All links are preserved.
- Channel mapped images are recognized and remain their mapping, even on linked images.