What's new in Imaging Engine 14?
Imaging Engine is the RIP solution for the CDI: offering performance, reliability and compatibility with open industry standards.
Imagine Engine 14 focuses on 3 specific areas:
- Secure migration roadmap
- integration between RIP and Esko Automation Engine
- integrated viewer for QC either standalone or via Automation Engine
- XMP data in output files (visible in viewer) provides traceability of critical parameters
- LEN format and CDI integration assures efficiency (smaller files) and quality (communication of data such as Automatic Beam Selection)
- Adobe certified FlexRip kernel, migrating to Adobe PDF Print Engine starting mid 2014
- Comprehensive range of screening for high quality in offset and flexo
- Continual new development of screening (HD Flexo, Pixel+ for example)
- Tools to efficiently manage dot gain (Curve Pilot, PressSync)
- Existing FlexRip and Nexus products will migrate to Imaging Engine (powered by Adobe APPE, the latest Adobe PDF Print Engine)
- After migration, existing RIP kernel can be retained for rerun of files preserving the same screening
- Ongoing Esko support and service policy