What's new in Color Engine 14?
What is new in Color Engine 14?
- The eXact is a high accuracy spectrophotometer from x•rite, designed for professional prepress and pressroom applications.
- High accuracy
- Supports multiple measurement modes
- M standards allow correct handling of substrate with OBA’s
- Recommended device for PantoneLIVE workflows
- USB interface
XRGA is a standard for measurement devices
- Significantly reduces error between different device models
- New x•rite instruments all measure to the XRGA standard
Color Engine Pilot will convert old profile measurements to XRGA
- Allows existing databases to be adapted to the new standard
Color Engine records measurement conditions for profiles
Compare two profiles
- useful to decide on quality of measured data, for example
- Inspect details of the patches…
- View ∆E using a choice of formulae
- Highlight patches of primaries, patches with high ∆E…
- An important aspect of proofing (particularly with the increased use of PantoneLIVE) is the accurate representation of spot inks.
- The wizard automates the process of making these spot inks more accurate, saving a lot of time for the customer.
- The wizard works with spectral data so retaining all the advantages of Esko’s Color Engine such as ink profiling and spot color overprint model.
- The wizard allows iterative refinement of inks, based on measured values.
- Select a large number of inks to refineat one time.
- Test charts are automatically generated for the proofer.
- Set the desired ∆E tolerance.
- After each iteration, a comprehensive report is displayed showing how accurately each spot ink is being matched, as well as overall statistics.
- Out of gamut inks are indicated by a warning triangle.
- With this wizard, Color Engine and FlexProof are an excellent proofing solution for PantoneLIVE.
- Updated 'Check and recalibrate' function
- Includes a linearization step to improve accuracy of the proofer
- Standard profiles can be used
- Profiles can more easily be transferred between devices
- Ease of use!
- Improved profiles and linearizations
- Smoother separations and gradations
- Larger color gamut, especially in green colors
- Improved Quality!
Tool in Color Engine Pilot to print a color swatch book
Select one or two Equinox strategies, and an ink book (eg Pantone book)
- The tool generates a PDF file showing the inks as they are converted via Equinox
- Print this PDF to obtain a “Pantone like” swatch book
- When choosing 2 strategies you get “split patches” (for example showing a CMYK conversion vs a CMYKOGV conversion of the ink)
Extra control for Blue-Black builds
Only avoid Blue-Black mix when the tone values are between 10% and 80% for example
- No need to avoid mix for very large or very small tone values (no risk of moiré)
Display color values in Lch
The Color Engine now includes the 336 additional colors that were added to PANTONE+ in 2012
- The Color Engine also includes 84 new PANTONE+ colors that were announced by PANTONE in March 2014
- These colors have numbers from 2337 to 2427
- The data for earlier PANTONE+ colors has not been changed
- These new colors will be automatically installed on updating to Suite 14