What's new in ArtiosCAD 14?
What's new in ArtiosCAD 14?
Outputting to rule benders
Fill path / line:
- Can fill a line or path with nicks
- Fills the path if lines are already grouped into a path
- If the lines are not already grouped into a path, select a path by clicking the start line and the end line
- specify the offset of the first nick or set of nicks from either or both ends of a line or path
- separately change the number of nicks in a set and the number of sets
- The maximum number of nicks on a line is increased from 20 to 120
- A nicked line or path can be designated as tear or indent only for 3D
- Minor change in the Group Sequence tool if the lines are cuts
- select holes more quickly and efficiently.
- reduce the time it takes to make a die-board.
- create a wood edge around the sheet with expected proper horizontal split to begin the hole selection process when starting the tool.
- adjust all elements like: die edge, die splits, layout position and rotary bolt holes patter position, and modify bolt holes with a single tool.
- start in die-board layer, die-split will be added if necessary, if die-board doesn’t exist.
- Show good and all holes options
- Select/deselect individual holes (allow drag rectangle)
- Select/deselect rows and columns
- Delete holes
- Select individual holes with symmetry about split option.
Artwork panels interaction with 3D
- remove top layer with graphics
Auto include documents to the BOM when saving or copying:
saves the designer time of opening the BOM dialog and changing the settings
Add non-ARD’s to a BOM:
- allows for complete BOM to be defined in ArtiosCAD
- including graphic files, clips, hooks, inserts, etc.
- no need to create extraneous ARD document just to include it in a BOM
“Open all” documents in a BOM – simple one-click:
- single click will open all BOM documents
- will save much time over opening each file individually
Run outputs & exports from the browser:
- run an output on document
- search results from the browser
- run exports on project documents from the browser
- run a project BOM report from the browser
- no need to open each document in ArtiosCAD before running an output, export or report
- eliminates a lot of wasted steps/time
Document count on folders:
- see the number of documents in folders (as in WebCenter)
- eliminates the need to select a folder first, just to see there are no documents in it
Edit document details from the browser:
- no need to open the document to change document details like attributes & characteristics
- eliminates the wasted time of opening and saving a document just to change details
- prevents new version being created when document details (meta data) are changed
- ArtiosCAD honors the project statuses as set in WebCenter. Only the project status as defined in the template will be accessible. This eliminates the risk of using an invalid status.
- Save Collada as native WebCenter file type with thumbnail. That way Collada files will have a thumbnail preview of the 3D image.
- Native Collada viewing for 3D files – no more Cortona plug-in needed.