The Rochester (N.Y.) Institute of Technology’s College of Applied Science and Technology (www.rit.edu) received a suite of packaging Esko software and hardware including
- ArtiosCAD structural design software,
- a Kongsberg XL-24 digital cutting table with i-cut vision Pro,
- DeskPack prepress plug-ins,
- Equinox color technology for extended gamut printing,
- Suite 12 pre-production software with Studio 3D packaging design tools
The RIT’s Packaging Science program is the result of a long and close collaboration between the school and the packaging industry. It looks to school students in current packaging workflows, preparing them for jobs in packaging development, structural design, marketing, research, sales, purchasing, and production.
“All of our packaging courses utilize Esko tools in one way or another,” says Tom Kausch, who manages the Packaging Dynamics and Materials Laboratories and is a lecturer for the Packaging Science program. “Now with these wonderful tools, our faculty can do more with the students, using the software for structural and graphic design, for example. We’ve never had the quality of tools we have today.”