These are the minimum requirements for reasonable performance of the described products. They will help you decide whether the equipment you are currently using remains viable. If you are considering new equipment, bear in mind that these requirements are minimum, not optimal. Exceeding these specifications will in general lead to enhanced performance.
Note that Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks is officially supported from Suite 12 Assembly 5, release date: end January 2014. This applies to the following Esko software packages running on OS X: Automation Engine Pilot, DeskPack, Studio, ArtPro, i-cut Preflight, Neo …
In case the customer has upgraded their Macs to Mavericks, there is a License Manager hotfix available for Suite 12 Assembly 4: https://wiki.esko.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=78613702
From the first week of January 2014 onwards, customer can download the installers for all Interactive applications v12.1.2, i-cut Layout and i-cut Preflight v12.1 (Assembly 5) on https://mysoftware.esko.com
Note that installing and using Esko software on a Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services server (Microsoft, Citrix,…) is not supported.
Note that using Esko software with local licenses when launched via Remote Desktop is not supported.
Note that Windows Server 2012 Standard and Datacenter are supported from Suite 12.1.1 (Assembly 4). This depends on the Product. Therefore, check the specific product system requirements. Windows Server 2012 Essentials and Foundation are not supported.
See more notes here.
Click here to go to the System Requirement page of Previous releases (Esko Software Suite 7 products, Nexus, Odystar...).
ArtPro, PowerLayout, ArtPrinter
- CPU: Mac Intel processor (PowerPC no longer supported)
- Memory: Minimum 2GB RAM
- Harddisk: The software takes about 1GB of disk space. Also take into account the need for storage of temporary and production data. A backup solution is strongly advised.
- Video Card: Minimum 1280 x 1024 resolution, true color depth
- Network: 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet, TCP/IP v4 protocol, TCP/IP v6 protocol is not supported.
- CD/DVD: DVD-ROM drive
- Compatibility: If you intend to run other applications as well on this hardware, make sure to check compatibility with the specifications of all other applications as well
- Remote Support: Esko Customer Support is using TeamViewer as a solution for remote access and support over the Internet, it can be downloaded from http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx
- Operating Systems compatibility matrix:
- Although we don't expect issues with Microsoft OS patches, Esko only guarantees support on the official MS Service Pack (SP)level, not on individual OS patches. PC's for Esko applications (editors, rips or servers) must not be configured as WebServers (IIS), Network Domain Controllers (Active Directory), DNS Server, DHCP Server, WINS Server, SQL Server, or MailServer. The Automation Engine Server is allowed to be a Member Server in a Windows Active Directory domain. However, Esko can not test all possible configurations. Contact your regional Customer Service Center in case of specific questions.
- Microsoft Windows Server Client Access Licenses: Make sure to purchase enough CAL's as required by the workflow (client PC, client Mac, Rip, Data server, etc...).
- The Automation Engine server and it's Assistant server should be dedicated Computers, no other software (both Esko (eg: FlexRip, FlexProof) and non-Esko) shall run on this machine.
- A single processor with hyperthreading enabled is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations. A dual core processor is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations.
Esko software will only work with properly licensed versions of operating systems and other software. Esko is not responsible for any loss of functionality due to use with unlicensed software. Esko will not provide assistance in installing software on equipment lacking properly licensed software.