This version includes several improvements to the new trapper based on the ArtPro+ algorithms, which was first released in DeskPack version 18.1:
- We improved the panning speed and UX in the trapper dialog.
- We've added support for overshoot when manually trapping. When you drag with the trap tool over the next adjacent color, the trap will overshoot, instead of centerlining.
- You can now use shortcut CTRL/CMD + 0 to fit to artboard in the trapper dialog.
- When manually trapping, we now show edge hints like in ArtPro+.
We have extended the Dynamic Marks functionality:
- Similar to ArtPro+ marks, most mark types now have a custom ink filter, allowing to filter their inks using rules. These rules can be based on printing method, ink name and ink type.
- Most mark types now have an extra color option to set their color to 'Black'.
Several improvements have been done to the Dynamic Barcodes plugin:
- The EAN-8 barcode now has support for add-on characters
- The EAN-8 and EAN-13 barcodes now have a new option to put the add-on characters on top or below the bars
- New application identifiers have been added to the GS1 barcodes: 235, 417, 7040
- Barcode recognition: When converting a single color image to a barcode, its color can now correctly be recognized
- You can now expand Dynamic Barcodes to paths by using the Expand feature from the fly-out menu in the palette
The Packaging Preflight plugin is now based on the latest customer released PitStop 2019 technology.
The PDF Import plugin not only is available as a perpetual license but now also as a named user subscription license.
DeskPack users can now create a dashboard to monitor which features they use and how often, how many files they process with their Esko plug-ins and configure reports using this data. To do so, they need to opt-in so Esko can start collecting usage data. This opt-in is named and is using EskoID.
DeskPack 18.1.1 is no longer supporting Adobe CC2017 but adds support for CC2020. macOS Catalina is now supported.