Delhi (India), October 2014 – At booth #B52, Esko will be displaying its digital flexo plate making workflow at Labelexpo Delhi, held from October 29 to November 1st 2014. Highlights include demonstration of CDI 2530 and viewing of Suite 14, along with Equinox and Full HD Flexo, technologies that have recently received industry-wide acclaim.
Suite 14: The most complete collection of preproduction software tools for labels and packaging
A major emphasis of the booth will be Suite 14, an update of the world’s most complete collection of preproduction software tools for packaging and sign & display production. It supports and manages the packaging and print processes at brand owners, retailers, designers, packaging manufacturers and print service providers. Suite 14 focuses on five key directions supporting the future of packaging workflows:
- Superior quality: The prepress operator’s focus shifts entirely to quality checking: once to obtain customer design approval and again just before the press starts. Interactive tools dedicated to check quality simplify the task.
- Task driven interactive editing: Quality checking, exception handling and building smart templates are the prepress operator’s main tasks. New cross platform software apps provide a task-driven user experience. Intelligent wizards guide the operator through expert processes.
- Improved workflow automation: Smart workflow tickets route designs automatically to a press-ready printing plate. Workflow automation stretches beyond printing and finishing and integrates with logistics. Operator interaction is limited to exception handling and quality checking. Open industry standards enable integration with business systems and data silos, regardless of location. Cloud based packaging management systems interface with prepress workflow servers openly and transparently.
- Smart templates: The basis for a lights-out workflow, smart design templates separate content from creation: the designer determines the looks of the pack “by example” and within a brand guidelines framework. Critical content resides securely in the cloud-based packaging management system of the brand owner. No more ‘copy and paste’ in Adobe Illustrator but linking smart objects to secure and approved content in a database. This guarantees brand consistency and legal compliance at maximum productivity and shortest time to market.
- Online supply chain integration: Smart templates and workflow tickets connect prepress to all stakeholders. Operations run virtually anywhere in the world. Integrated packaging-savvy production and asset management systems dramatically improve time to market and reduced cost.
Full HD Flexo for Labels
Esko will be showing examples of Full HD Flexo for labels. Full HD Flexo is the recipient of a 2014 PIA InterTech Technology award. Full HD Flexo for Labels features adapted screening and standard operating procedures for the label and tag industry, and delivers very high quality with impactful solids, smoother highlights and expanded color gamut. Full HD Flexo for Labels delivers enhanced print stability as well as a reduction of gear marks when using gear-driven presses.
At the Esko booth, will be exhibiting an Esko CDI Spark 2530 flexo plate imager— for the tag and label market, folding carton and small volume flexo plate producers — with inline UV and Full HD Flexo. Visitors can learn about HD Flexo and Full HD Flexo through real-life production samples that demonstrate the quality and extended color gamut made possible by incorporation of Esko solutions.
Esko with DuPont at LabelExpo India
Esko and DuPont will be sharing booth #B52 and exhibiting an Esko CDI 2530 plate imager—a perfect size for smaller, narrow web presses that produce labels with DuPont’s Products.