The new Connect functionality offers a new framework for all suite components that need integration. This means that MIS, web stores, finance and shipping systems can all be integrated. It is a scalable solution (which is customizable with solution services) but there's no need for custom development.
In short: Automation Engine Connect is a module on Automation Engine. It’s a toolkit that allows integration from a third party product with an Esko component.
Link to Inspection Systems
There's a new inspection task on Automation Engine, it creates a JDF that can be interpreted by the inspection system.
This task comes with a number of benefits:
- Faster setup time of inspection device
- It's essential when dealing with short runs and variable printing
- It drives the inspection upstream
- It helps reporting for brand owners
Expansion on the server allows customers driving variable data jobs on all types of digital presses on the production floor.
A shared technology between expansion on the server or on the different DFE’s allow a centralized and solid solution
The expansion task creates PDF/VT files. This is an expanded file that contains both the static elements + all variables in a multipage PDF document
The input for this task is a Variable Data Template (VDT), created in Adobe Illustrator with Esko’s Dynamic VDP plugins.
Deployment and Diagnostics
- As the Application server - which was previously installed as a prerequisite - is now built-in, installation is faster and easier.
- And because the Application server component is now part of Automation Engine, less training and less system maintenance is required.
- Errors can be handled easier through clear messaging.
- A Diagnostics tab has been added to the server pages. This provides an immediate feedback on the status of all Automation Engine databases.
- The Connection Doctor helps detecting possible issues on the server.
Automating Color Tasks
Manage color tasks allows ink savings through a brand new UCR/GCR technology. There's also the possibility to convert fixed ink sets with the Convert to Equinox task.
Tight Integration with WebCenter
The integration between Automation Engine and WebCenter is tighter.