These are the minimum requirements for reasonable performance of the described products. They will help you decide whether the equipment you are currently using remains viable. If you are considering new equipment, bear in mind that these requirements are minimum, not optimal. Exceeding these specifications will in general lead to enhanced performance.
Nexus 8.5 , 8.6 and 9.0
Nexus on Mac
- Dedicated Mac to run Nexus
- Mac with dual PowerPC G5 or Dual Core Intel processors,
- Operating system: Mac OS X Server or Client (10.4.x, 10.5.x, only Nexus9.5 is compatible with 10.6.x)
- memory: 8 Gb (to run NexusRIP, PDF RIP and NexusProcessor simultaneously and smoothly)
- Harddisk space required for Nexus: 2 Gb + 150 Gb for production (15000 rpm +)
- Formatting type for install partition: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- 1 available USB port
- CD/DVD-ROM drive
- Gigabit Network card
Nexus on PC
- Dedicated computer to run Nexus
- Processor: Dual 3.4 GHz or higher
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SE (SP4) 32-bit incl. 10 client licenses. **
- Memory: 4 Gb***
- Harddisk space required for Nexus: 2 Gb + 150 Gb for production
- Formatting type for install partition: NTFS
- 1 available USB port or parallel port
- Gigabit Network card
** Operating system: upgrade to Microsoft Windows 2003 EE (SP1 and R2 and SP2) 32-bits, minimun 10 client licenses. Windows 2008 Server is not supported.
*** Memory: 8 Gb. Please notes that only Windows 2003 Server EE, 32-bits OS can see more then 4 Gb of Ram. This config will help run NexusRIP, PDF RIP and NexusProcessor simultaneously and smoothly. Windows 2008 Server is not supported.
- Installing and using Esko software on a Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services server (Microsoft, Citrix,…) is not supported, except for non-subscription versions of Cape Pack. You cannot run Esko software with local licenses via Remote Desktop.
- Although we don't expect issues with Microsoft OS patches, Esko only guarantees support on the official MS Service Pack (SP) level, not on individual OS patches. PC's for Esko applications (editors, rips or servers) must not be configured as WebServers (IIS), Network Domain Controllers (Active Directory), DNS Server, DHCP Server, WINS Server, SQL Server, or MailServer. The Automation Engine Server is allowed to be a Member Server in a Windows Active Directory domain. However, Esko can not test all possible configurations. Contact your regional Customer Service Center in case of specific questions.
- A single processor with hyperthreading enabled is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations. A dual core processor is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations.
- Esko software will only work with properly licensed versions of operating systems and other software. Esko is not responsible for any loss of functionality due to use with unlicensed software. Esko will not provide assistance in installing software on equipment lacking properly licensed software.
For more in-depth technical information, search our Knowledge Base.