These are the minimum requirements for reasonable performance of the described products. They will help you decide whether the equipment you are currently using remains viable. If you are considering new equipment, bear in mind that these requirements are minimum, not optimal. Exceeding these specifications will in general lead to enhanced performance.
Esko ArtiosCAD 7.6 CAD-X 7.6
- Configuration: One or more systems required.
- Operating system:
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 SP1
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2
Microsoft® Windows® XP Pro SP2 or higher
Microsoft® Windows® XP Pro 64-bit
Mac OS® X 10.4 /Parallels® Desktop 3.0 running on an Intel® Mac with Limitations. See Release Notes.
Mac OS® X 10.4/VMWare Fusionv1.1.1 running on an Intel® Mac with limitations. See Release Notes.
Windows Vista Business Edition with limitations. See Release Notes.
Windows Server 2008 with limitations. See Release Notes.
Windows Server 2008 sp2 (64-bit) with limitations. See Release Notes.
Windows 7 Professional with limitations. See Release Notes. Please note the Home and Ultimate editions should work as well, but it was the Home edition that was fully certified.
The following platforms may be used in an experimental mode. They have been tested to a certain point but have not been certified for this release:
• Mac Bootcamp
• Vista 64-bit
Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Server SP3 or higher¹ is no longer officially supported. If a user does not have the Solidworks® filter and can get Esko ArtiosCAD 7.6 to run on Windows® 2000, then the platform may be used.
- CPU: Intel® Pentium 4, 1 GHz compatible or higher processor Intel® Mac Intel® Core Duo processor with Mac/Parallels® Desktop
- Memory: 1 GB or higher Esko ArtiosCAD 3D Designer, 3D Connection and Animation modules require 2 GB RAM or higher
- Disk Space: 5 GB for the Esko ArtiosCAD application and 500 MB available on the system partition
- Display: 1024X768, High Color (16 bit) minimum display
- Display Adapter: Esko ArtiosCAD 3D module requires a display adapter that is OpenGL and Direct-X compliant Esko ArtiosCAD 3D Designer, 3D Connection, and Animation require a display adapter with 128 MB or more video RAM.
The better the card, the better the 3D experience.
- I/O Ports: Parallel or USB port for Esko ArtiosCAD license locked to a security key for existing Esko ArtiosCAD users. For new Esko ArtiosCAD 7.6 users, no key is required. Additional USB port for optional Esko ArtiosCAD Rubber Nesting feature if purchased.
- Mouse: 3 button (2 button can be used with feature limitations)
- Database: Esko ArtiosCAD installs Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 Express Edition by default, Esko ArtiosCAD also supports:
Microsoft® SQL Server 2005, including 64-bit version²
Microsoft® SQL Server 2000 w/ SP3 or greater²
Oracle® versions 9i or greater³
Microsoft® MSDE where installed in a prior Esko ArtiosCAD version
- Operating system patches:
Windows XP sp2 and Windows server 2003... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319740
This patch will resource leaks when using Esko ArtiosCAD
Vista Business Edition… http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=82148
This patch will install the help environment for running Esko ArtiosCAD help
Normal installation of Esko ArtiosCAD products requires access to a DVD drive. Typical Esko ArtiosCAD installations can be Standalone (meaning no other systems are required for Esko ArtiosCAD to work and no configurations are shared), Server (meaning it shares configuration, database, and license files with other machines on the network), or Standard Client (meaning it gets its configuration and license information from an Esko ArtiosCAD Server on the network and shares a common database residing on that server). Custom installation allows distribution of Esko ArtiosCAD Server functions to two or three machines.
Where the SafeNet® Sentinel® Superpro Driver is used to license Esko ArtiosCAD it is required that a security dongle be placed on an ISA Parallel port or a USB port. PCI parallel ports, USB to parallel converters, etc. are not supported with the parallel key option.
¹ Offical support of Microsoft® Window® 2000 has expired with the release of Esko ArtiosCAD 7.4. As of 09/04/07 SolidWorks® did not support their SolidWorks® 2007 version on Microsoft® Windows® 2000 o/s. Esko ArtiosCAD7.30 or higher will not load on a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 operating system if the SolidWorks Import/Export module is activated in the Feature Selection dialog window during ArtiosCAD installation.
² Support of Microsoft® SQL Server 7 has expired with the release of Esko ArtiosCAD 7.4.
³ Support of Oracle® 7.3.2, 8, and 8i has expired with the release of Esko ArtiosCAD 7.4
- Installing and using Esko software on a Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services server (Microsoft, Citrix,…) is not supported, except for non-subscription versions of Cape Pack. You cannot run Esko software with local licenses via Remote Desktop.
- Although we don't expect issues with Microsoft OS patches, Esko only guarantees support on the official MS Service Pack (SP) level, not on individual OS patches. PC's for Esko applications (editors, rips or servers) must not be configured as WebServers (IIS), Network Domain Controllers (Active Directory), DNS Server, DHCP Server, WINS Server, SQL Server, or MailServer. The Automation Engine Server is allowed to be a Member Server in a Windows Active Directory domain. However, Esko can not test all possible configurations. Contact your regional Customer Service Center in case of specific questions.
- A single processor with hyperthreading enabled is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations. A dual core processor is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations.
- Esko software will only work with properly licensed versions of operating systems and other software. Esko is not responsible for any loss of functionality due to use with unlicensed software. Esko will not provide assistance in installing software on equipment lacking properly licensed software.
For more in-depth technical information, search our Knowledge Base.