These are the minimum requirements for reasonable performance of the described products. They will help you decide whether the equipment you are currently using remains viable. If you are considering new equipment, bear in mind that these requirements are minimum, not optimal. Exceeding these specifications will in general lead to enhanced performance.
Note that installing Esko software on a terminal server (Microsoft, Citrix,…) is not supported.
Note that windows 8 and windows server 2012 are not yet supported in Suite12.
See more notes here.
Click here to go to the previous System Requirement page (Esko Software Suite 7 products, Nexus, Odystar...).
Minimum System Requirements
- ArtiosCAD Enterprise
- Automation Engine
- Bitmap Viewer
- Color Engine Pilot
- Curve Pilot
- DeskPack Clients for Adobe Illustrator
- DeskPack Clients for Adobe PhotoShop
- Digital Flexo Suite
- Flexo Perfection
- i-cut Suite
- i-cut Vision
- Imaging Engine FlexRip
- Network License Server
- Although we don't expect issues with Microsoft OS patches, Esko only guarantees support on the official MS Service Pack (SP)level, not on individual OS patches. PC's for Esko applications (editors, rips or servers) must not be configured as WebServers (IIS), Network Domain Controllers (Active Directory), DNS Server, DHCP Server, WINS Server, SQL Server, or MailServer. The Automation Engine Server is allowed to be a Member Server in a Windows Active Directory domain. However, Esko can not test all possible configurations. Contact your regional Customer Service Center in case of specific questions.
- Microsoft Windows Server Client Access Licenses: Make sure to purchase enough CAL's as required by the workflow (client PC, client Mac, Rip, Data server, etc...).
- The Automation Engine server and it's Assistant server should be dedicated Computers, no other software (both Esko (eg: FlexRip, FlexProof) and non-Esko) shall run on this machine.
- A single processor with hyperthreading enabled is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations. A dual core processor is considered as 2 processors for memory calculations.
Esko software will only work with properly licensed versions of operating systems and other software. Esko is not responsible for any loss of functionality due to use with unlicensed software. Esko will not provide assistance in installing software on equipment lacking properly licensed software.